Attending presentations is a great way to learn about a particular subject, topic or concept. As an entrepreneur, however, it’s high time that you step away from your cozy seat as a member of the audience, move toward the stage and take the place of the person speaking!
Delivering presentation provides you with an opportunity to tell your business and ‘brand’ story – to introduce your business, products and services to the public, to discuss the solutions you are offering, to establish your credibility and trustworthiness and to create leverage using your existing patient base.
Being an effective public speaker will allow you to share what you know, contribute to the community you are part of, and deliver value– even before they become part of your network. Welcome to THE number one, proven way to position yourself as an expert.
Are you already shivering in stage fright from the mere thought of standing all alone and being vulnerable in front of a group of strangers? You’re not alone – some personalities are born for the stage while a lot more experience fear, anxiety and insecurity about the concept of public speaking.
What differentiates the business leader from the average shopkeeper, however, is that business leaders will take action steps to build the skills and attitude needed for them take the speaking limelight.
Here are three steps you can take today to pave the path toward engaging, powerful and downright transformational presentations:
- See public speaking in a different light. I’ve experienced the magic of making a connection through public speaking from both ends, as a public speaker myself and as a member of the audience. Contrary to popular belief, it’s not just the audience that gains from the experience. I see it as a journey that we’ll both take, each leaving with takeaways at the end of the presentation. For the listener and viewer, it may be the knowledge and lessons that the speaker shared with them; for the speaker, the scope of influence and positioning gained from being seen as a subject matter expert is invaluable and, knowing you’ve enhanced the lives of those in your audience is an extraordinary experience of contribution and achievement!
- Try it! There’s nothing like experience to show you how it really works. You don’t have to prepare a presentation for next annual Chiropractic Conference…. You can start with a small group or even the staff in your clinic. MY suggested exercise: Structure your presentation using my 3 key points:
- Why is this information important
- What are you talking about
- How to implement your strategy
Deliver your ideas to your team or small group and ask for feedback. Treat it like a ‘pilot’ for the real deal. Be open to what comes back; make the necessary changes and then practice, practice, practice!!
- Never stop learning. Once you understand that public speaking is the FASTEST and most effective way to build your business, start looking for opportunities. Attend presentations, read materials, sign up for tutorials, talk to experts. Listening to people willing to share their knowledge, seeing how others do it, and finding your own style is a no-fail way to find your own voice.
P.S. Learning how to deliver your message and finally knowing how to do it successfully, is a great adventure. Don’t forget to have fun along the way! The more you do it, the easier it becomes, I PROMISE!!
Dive deep into the message that drives you and give a powerful voice to the inspiration inside! Hold nothing back as you move the hearts and minds of millions!